DAY 30: HIJAMAH OF THE PROPHET ﷺ
Hijama (cupping) is an alternative therapy that involves placing cups on the skin to create suction, and it facilitates healing with the blood flow. The Prophet ﷺ highly recommended this practice. He ﷺ said that one of the things healing is to be found in is the knife of the cupper.
It was also narrated by Anas Ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, “The best (treatment) which you take is cupping, or it is the best of your treatments.”
The following are some of the ailments that could be treated by this practice.
- Circulatory diseases
- Blood pressure and infection of the heart muscle
- Diseases of the chest and trachea
- Headache and pain in the eyes
- Pain in the neck and stomach, and rheumatic pain in the muscles
- Some diseases of the heart and chest, and pain in the joints