بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
ربي اشرح لي صدري و يسر لي أمري….
Yes, we find many Muslims, especially among the youth who completely neglect their salah. This is quite common in our generation today. For example, there are males who offer Salatul Jumuah only, but neglect their five daily prayers.
Firstly I’d like to stress the importance of Salah. Why do we have to pray? Allah says in the Holy Quran “And they were not commanded except to worship Allah, [being] sincere to Him in religion, and to establish Salaah [five daily prayers], and to give zakaah [obligatory charity]. And that is the correct religion.”—Al-Bayyinah (98:5) What other clarification do we need?
There’s also an explicit hadith on this– the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: The difference between us and them (Kuffar/Non-Muslims) is that of salaah so whoever abandons salaah certainly commits kufr.(Tirmidhi, kitab ul Iman, Declared Sahih by Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Nasai and Allama Iraqi, Minhaaj ul Muslimeen pg.80)
Even during the time of the Sahaba, the one who doesn’t pray, was jailed. And once they’re in jail, they were advised that what they’re doing is haram. That prayer is so important. That it is a major sin if one neglects it.
And if they didn’t repent? They kept advising them for a day. Then, a second day. Then, a third day.And if they still didn’t repent?
Then they were executed.
Though the law is not prevalent now.. Can you imagine the consequences of missing Salah.
The punishment for consuming alcohol (40 lashes) is less compared to this..
Can you imagine my dear brothers and sisters?
Therefore NEGLECTING SALAH is even worse than consuming alcohol. ..
How can these namesake Muslims assume that they would go to Jannah without offering Salah? How can they call themselves Muslims? Satan has brainwashed them completely.
We find that the main reason for missing their Salah is not shirk(They do believe Allah to be the only God), but laziness… Laziness caused by satan overpowering them,
Imaam Ahmad said that the one who does not pray because of laziness is a kaafir. This is the more correct view and is that indicated by the evidence of the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger, and by the words of the Salaf and the proper understanding. (Al-Sharh al-Mumti’ ‘ala Zaad al-Mustanqi’, 2/26).
Thus it is clear that the Negligence of Salah, is KUFR and a major sin in Islam..
WHAT CAN WE DO TO CORRECT OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO NEGLECT THEIR SALAH?
- It’s our responsibility to advise them. They’ll have to just make an initiative. Start praying again. That’s it and Allah will open his doors of guidance.
- Then they could pray with more and more Khushu (Khushu is an Arabic word used to refer to humility) till they are able to fight Satan. In the meantime they should strive and seek Allah’s forgiveness for their negligence.
- They should read books that increase their Khushu.
- Finally they should STOP PROCASTINATING… This is the trick of Satan.. He does all that he could to keep people away from their daily Salah. Always pray on time.
- I pray to Allah (swt) to guide all our Muslim brothers and sisters from the evil trap of Satan and make us among those who are steadfast in Salah.
بارك الله فيكم
وجزاكم الله خيرا
سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك أشهد أن لا إله إلا أنت استغفرك و أتوب إليك
والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Written by: Umm Maryam
Share this via: