السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
ربي اشرح لي صدري و يسر لي أمري واحلل عقدة من لساني يفقه قولي
ربي زدني علما وارزقني فهما
“I don’t have time to do this. I don’t have time to do that” I’m sure you must have said this at least at the end of every week. Well, this is what anybody would say owing to the busy schedules all of us have.
Indeed there’s no Barakah in time these days. You wake up one day to complete your tasks and then, the day is gone. Time flies so quickly.
If you are a working mom then, managing time would become even more difficult. As a working mom, you may have many responsibilities from completing tasks at your workplace, taking care of your kids and husband and managing the household. This could be very hectic indeed. At times you would feel so depressed and you might want to quit. Remember you’re not alone. Most of the working moms have felt that way. Trust me.
Here are 15 tips that could help manage your time efficiently.
1. Prioritize things. Remember as a Muslim our priority is to please Allah. Allah created us to worship him. So number one is pleasing Allah (swt). Do things that he loves like praying Salah on time and so on.
2. Allocate time for your husband and kids. Don’t disappoint your husband. Be pleasant to him whenever he comes home. Remember even he comes home after a busy and hectic day. Your obedience to him takes you to Jannah. As for your kids, you’re held responsible.
3. Don’t carry official tasks home. Home is only for you and your family. Spend ample time with your family because they’re the ones who will stay by your side at all times, not your friends or colleagues at your work place.
4. When it comes to tasks at work place, do it before you get another task. If you procrastinate, you will not be able to finish anything on time. Set time goals for all tasks. If you are free, complete tasks ahead of time rather than wasting time chatting with colleagues or wasting time on your mobile.
5. Have a proper routine. Get your family to sit together and have their meals at the same time every day. Set a time to teach your kids and help them with their homework.
6. Get enough sleep. Prophet (ﷺ) said that your body has rights over you.
7. Don’t do things alone and vent out your frustration at your kids or husband. Get help when needed. Even Rasoolullah (ﷺ) helped his wives. So there’s nothing shameful in a husband doing some household chores. In fact Allah rewards them for caring for their family. Get kids to do some small chores. Train them to do put the toys away after they finish playing.
8. Arrange your kitchen in such a way that you don’t waste time searching for the minute things. Keep things handy. Make things simple. You don’t need biryani every day. (That could be done during the weekends though). Don’t pile up dishes and cutlery while cooking. When you’re done with one, wash it and keep it at its place.
9. Try multitasking. You can play the mp3 Quran or listen to an Islamic lecture or Nasheeds while in the kitchen. Just play it on loud mode in your mobile or mp3 player for everyone to hear. Remember not to keep any electronic device close to the stove. That’s dangerous. But remember multitasking wouldn’t work if you are doing something very important like teaching your kids.
10. Reduce time spent on Internet. You might start browsing some page and then end up hours on the net. It is basically a waste of time.
11. Recite at least 10 verses of the Qur’an every day. Set a time for it. You could do it after Fajr maybe. Read the translation and try to learn the Tafsir of those verses. Remember that the Quran will intercede for us on the Last Day.
12. Give yourself some “me-time” on and off. Take ample rest during weekends. Try some homemade facial packs or halal cosmetics. You have to look pleasant to your Prince Charming (your husband) after all.
13. You could even allocate time for your hobbies during weekends. It can be sewing, knitting, painting, writing, or anything. Nonetheless remember not to spend too much time on these.
14. Exercise regularly to keep yourself fit. You could even go for a walk with your husband and kids during weekends.
15. Always pray to Allah to bless us with barakah in time.
I hope these tips would help. Feel free to add more tips of your own in the Comments section below.
بارك الله فيكم
وجزاكم الله خيرا
سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك أشهد أن لا إله إلا أنت استغفرك و أتوب إليك
والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Written by: Umm Maryam